About Me

My loves: God, family, friends, cooking/baking, gardening, running and the ocean!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Acceptance letter, Meatloaf, a 19 mile (non) Run and Some Sweetness

So today I woke up ready for my 19 mile road race but when I took a few steps out of bed I noticed a sharp pain in my right heel that extended down the outside part of my foot (NOT plantar fasciitis).  I looked at my running clothes, sneaks, GU packs, Gatorade and granola bars and sadly decided not to run the race.  I wanted to cry, not completely because of today's race that I was so excited about but because this means I will need to take a few days off from training in order to recover properly.  On a more exciting and uplifting note, I received this beauty in the mail which made me realize my decision was indeed, the right one. 



I did the only thing that I knew would cheer me up at 7:30 AM...think about dinner!  I prepped my Italian Stuffed Meatloaf and put it in the fridge to cook later on this afternoon.  I bought the ground beef from a local butcher and mixed it with garlic, onion, eggs, breadcrumbs and fennel.  I spread it out on a cookie sheet and layered it with mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil.  Then I rolled up like a jelly roll.  I'll bake it for an hour and add more mozzarella and some homemade gravy to the top about 10 minutes before it's done.  This is definitely a family favorite!


Oh, and I also made some chocolate fudge for dessert.


Time to hang out with the hubby and kids.  Today's activity is to tap the Maple trees in the backyard to make homemade maple syrup.  Fun fact: 40 gallons of sap = 1 gallon of syrup.  Have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment