About Me

My loves: God, family, friends, cooking/baking, gardening, running and the ocean!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Back at it, best sneaks evaaaa and a snowstorm

After a week long hiatus, I'm back to running again!  It feels so good to run and you know what the best part about it is? My foot doesn't hurt AT ALL!  I am so relieved to be fully recovered from that stupid pain.  I was a bit nervous to take 7 days off but in all honesty, I feel faster and stronger with that long rest so I'm good to go!  I can't take all the credit though because I'm pretty sure my new sneaks make me superhuman. I bought the Brooks Pureflow 2 and it's pretty much the best purchase of my life.  They are so lightweight and perfectly padded that I feel like I'm running on a cloud.  Also, the top of the shoe has an elastic band with hugs my foot securely in place - no black toenails over here!

Friday morning I drove to work in a crazy snowstorm.  Mother nature decided to dump another 25+ inches on top of the 35 inches of snow we received last month.  My husband had the day off so he did what any good husband would do: offer me his 4 wheel drive truck.  All I have to say is: Oh. Ya. Baby.  That thing is AWESOME!  I felt like I was invincible. I saw so many cars stuck in the snow and unable to move, but I was in my big bad truck weaving in and around them all.  At one point I was stopped at the bottom of a hill for 45 minutes because there was such a pile of cars.  It was just insane.

Fast forward to later that night and I had made a scrumptious (and healthy) dinner.  Low fat manicotti with meat sauce.  It was oh so delicious and only 360 calories for 3 stuffed shells.  Bring on seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment